Join Our Email List
Learn to play fingerstyle and classical guitar the right way (the slow difficult way) for free. You’ll get the news, you’ll get sheet music, you’ll get inspired. And if you ever decide playing bagpipes makes more sense, it’ll be easy to unsubscribe.
We are back in business. All times are Denver Time.
- Tuesdays at 7 pm: Orchestra (Beatles) (online and in-person)
- We will probably have a concert in early February
- We will have Spanish-inspired guitar starting afterward
- Wednesdays at 6 pm: Guitar Levels 1, 2, 3 and Classical (online)
- Weekdays at 11 am: Multi-instrument ensemble (online) Info Here
Guitar Orchestra at 7 pm Tuesdays
- We will be online and in-person at Grant Street.
- Join us in-person if you are in town and vaccinated and boosted.
- Tuesday night sheet music is by email only.
#351 January 25: Denver Guitar Orchestra: Link to Join https://youtu.be/HicoMja8i18
We will start with Penny Lane this week.
- All My Loving
- Eleanor Rigby
- Here Comes the Sun (we’re not working on this)
- Hey Jude
- Imagine (we’re not working on this)
- I’ve Just Seen a Face
- I Want to Hold Your Hand
- Let It Be
- Norwegian Wood
- Obladi Oblada
- Penny Lane
- Strawberry Fields
- When I’m 64
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- Yellow Submarine + Octopus’s Garden (we’re not working on this)
Books 1, 2, 3 and Classical at 6 pm Wednesdays
#352 January 26: Denver Guitar Orchestra Foundations: Link to Join https://youtu.be/RGBEHtZ2uJ0
- Book 1:
- Book 2:
- Book 3:
If you want to participate by private video chat or in-person private lesson, here’s how:
- Make a phone video of you playing the song. It does not have to be great.
- Make sure the video includes both of your hands.
- Don’t worry about trimming the ends of the video unless you want. Keep it simple and raw.
- Upload a copy of your video to Dropbox using their app on your phone, or upload it to YouTube as an unlisted video. Make sure you’re using wifi as it eats up phone data pretty fast.
- Send me a link to your video.
- If you’re not sure about the steps to use the technology, send me an email and I’ll help.